Apex Seeking Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Apex Tactical Specialties, the industry’s leader in the design, development and manufacture of aftermarket trigger kits for pistols, is seeking candidates for the position of Shipping and Receiving Supervisor at their Peoria, Arizona facility.
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor position coordinates activities of workers responsible for all aspects of Apex’s Shipping and Receiving department.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
· Responsible for overseeing shipping and receiving of all Apex goods
· Responsible for overseeing receiving of vendor materials
· Responsible for accuracy and completeness of records of shipments, returned goods and vendor material receipts
· Responsible for maintaining packaged product inventory in a clean and orderly fashion.
· Reviews shipment methods for optimum price and handling, proposes updates to management as needed
· Monitors open orders and works with other departments to resolve issues and get orders fulfilled
· Responsible for thorough training of Apex’s Shipping and Receiving process: reading and understanding Sales Orders, identifying products by appearance, transactions in company computer system, and package identification.
· Directly responsible for all FFL logbook record keeping
· Understands and maintains Apex’s compliance with all Federal, State and Local firearms transaction regulations
· Coordinates with IT and other departments to optimize the shipping process with software applications and reduction of manual process
· Educates all department staff on procedure updates
· Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and organized department
· Manages department staffing and spending budget
· Perform other related duties as required during working hours
· Associates degree or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing setting
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Demonstrated leadership skills including communication, teamwork, systems, processes, and customer service
· Comprehensive knowledge of the parcel shipment process and pricing structures via several parcel shipment companies, including (but not limited to) Fed Ex, UPS and USPS.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a shipping/receiving department with a demonstrated increase of responsibilities
· Demonstrable skills driving a Forklift to load and unload delivery trucks
· Prior experience maintaining an FFL Bound Book
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
· Ability to understand basic drawings
· Ability to regularly lift up to 20 lbs and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs
· Ability to manually manipulate small parts the size of a grain of rice
· Ability to look at situations from several points of view
· Persuasive with details and facts
· Delegate responsibilities effectively
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Climate controlled shop
· Monthly company lunches/events
· Employee purchase programs
· Fun, relaxed, and team-driven environment
Interested candidates can submit a resume and apply through ZipRecruiter.