Apex Tactical Specialties, 10-8 Performance Introduce M&P Replacement Base Pads
LOS OSOS, Calif. – Apex Tactical Specialties and 10-8 Performance have teamed up to introduce polymer replacement base pads for owners of the popular Smith & Wesson M&P pistol.
Improving on the original factory version, the Apex 10-8 M&P Base Pad and Retainer Set features a low profile design that dramatically reduces snagging on clothing and while drawing from magazine pouches. Its scalloped front and sides make it easier to grip the seated magazine when removing it from the pistol frame. The heavy-duty polymer construction provides for added durability and the 10 numbered dimples allow for easy identification when working with multiple magazines.
The Apex 10-8 M&P Base Pad incorporates Apex’s patent pending retainer plate design which utilizes a split locking stud that secures the base pad to the magazine and prevents lateral movement and unintentional unlocking that can lead to catastrophic disassembly upon impact.
“The new Apex 10-8 M&P Base Pad and Retainer Set is ideal for the competitive and recreational shooter. Those using their M&P pistol for everyday carry, or on duty, will appreciate both its low profile, snag-free design as well as the durable polymer construction,” explained Scott Folk, vice president at Apex Tactical Specialties.
Sold in packs of four, the new Apex 10-8 M&P Base Pad and Retainer are available now from ApexTactical.com.
Features and Specifications:
– Low profile design (15% shorter) reduces snagging on clothing and while drawing from magazine pouches
– Scalloped front and sides allow for easy gripping while removing from the frame
– Heavy duty polymer construction provides for added durability
– 10 numbered dimples for easy magazine identification
– Patent pending retainer plate design
– Split locking stud prevents lateral movement and unintentional unlocking that could result in catastrophic disassembly of the magazine
– Fits Smith & Wesson M&P full length pistol magazine bodies in 9mm, .40 S&W or .357 Sig
– Easy to install (watch the installation video)
– Does not increase ammunition capacity of any M&P magazine
– Weighs .24oz (Base Pad and Retainer Plate)
– Apex Part #: 100-036
– MSRP: $34.95 for a pack of four
For more information on Apex parts and services, visit www.ApexTactical.com, like Apex Tactical on Facebook or follow @ApexTactical on Twitter. Instructional videos on the installation of Apex parts are available on Apex’s YouTube channel.